IOSH One-day Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) for Construction Workers
This one-day course IOSH Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Workers course provides essential knowledge for anyone who is involved in construction activities.
It’s suitable for any geographical location and for any size of organisation.
The course provides the core knowledge workers need to stay safe and embeds the good understanding and techniques needed to keep others safe too.
Keeping workers healthy and safe will reduce the cost of accidents and illness by up to 40 per cent.
The course is approved by the CITB and Build UK, which means employers can access the CITB levy.
CSCS approval means the Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Workers course will give delegates the knowledge and skills required to be eligible to apply for the Green Labourer card – allowing them to work on construction sites in entry-level positions.
What the course covers
- Health and safety issues to be managed in the construction industry to protect employees, contractors, neighbours and others
- The basics of Health and Safety Law
- The importance of risk assessments and method statements and the development process
- Site requirements for the welfare of construction workers on site
- Hazards and controls associated with construction sites and activities including working at height and confined spaces
- Site environmental management including management of waste and ecology