SSSTS Two-day (Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme)
The SSSTS training course is designed for first line mangers looking to continue or take on a supervisory role within the construction industry. The course takes place over two days and will teach health and safety skills needed to maintain a safe site.
The Supervisors Safety Training Scheme is a requirement set out by the Major Contractors Group for all supervisors who will be working on their sites.
Construction skills and health and safety need to go hand in hand and made a priority to encourage improved work skills and reduced accidents and injuries. Not only is the SSSTS course a must put in place by the MCG, it is also ideal for anyone looking to take on a supervisory role within the construction industry.
The SSSTS courses will provide you with the skills to:
- Identify problem areas found in the construction industry
- Understand and appreciate proactive and reactive monitoring
- Perform risk assessments and recognise the importance of method statements
- Have an understanding of the way the health and safety laws are structured
- Learn the skills needed to perform on site inductions, method statement briefs and toolbox talk
Certification for this course is valid for 5 years.
To remain certified in this area, you will need to take a refresher course before the expiry date on your certificate, otherwise the full course will need to be retaken.